Over 10,000 youth are on the Scouting trail with high quality programs in our 37 communities. With your support through Friends of Scouting, we provide fun, challenging programs for Scouts of every age. To support our mission, our Board of Directors sets an annual operating budget of $3.4 million. 83 cents of every dollar raised is invested in direct programs and services for our Scouts. The budget works out to about $360 per family.
Friends of Scouting provides you the opportunity to significantly help offset the cost of the programs and services provided locally with a tax deductible contribution. The Connecticut Yankee Council is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that relies on local contributions. Your employer may match support for Scouting. Contact your human resources department to have your gift matched.
Schedule your Friends of Scouting Presentation
Friends of Scouting Presentation Resources
- Instructions for the Presenter (PDF)
- Free Rank Advancement Incentive (PDF)
- The Bowtie Method (PDF)
- Overcoming Objections to making a Unit Presentation (PDF)
- The True Cost of Scouting (PDF)
- What the Council Does (PDF)
- Sample Emails to Families and Units (PDF)
- Unit Presenter Introduction (PDF)
- Script for use with FOS video (PDF)
- Script for use without FOS video (PDF)
- Enrollment Transmittal Form (PDF)
- Unit Info slip (PDF)
- Amazon Slip Sheet (PDF)
- Match My Gift Insert (PDF)
- Return Envelope Report (PDF)
These are all the printed materials in the presentation packet. For additional materials (patches, pledge cards, pens and ribbons) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your District Executive.