Registering and Paying for District Activities
New District Activity Fees for the 2019-2020 Program Year — Approved by Powahay District Board:
- Regular Fee — $20.00 Youth & $20.00 Adult
- Discounted Early Bird Fee — $15.00 Youth & $10.00 Adult Fee with a deadline of paid in full 2 weeks prior to the event. Note we discounted the adult early bird fee from $12 (last year) to $10.00 (new).
To better serve our units, Powahay District (Connecticut Yankee Council) provides online registrations for your unit to sign up and pay for District activities.
- Safe online payments with credit/debit card.
- Allows your unit to lock in payments from your Scout families.
- Provides the District with the necessary registration numbers for staffing and confirms payments for program needs.
Please make payments online and pay BEFORE the event or by the established deadline. We prefer that Packs, Troops, and Crews complete registration and payment as a unit. Consider a unit debit card to make the payment, to avoid having unit volunteers to use personal credit or debit cards. We can also debit activity payments from your unit account provided there are funds in the account.
District Activities Dates and Early Bird Deadlines for the 2019-20 Program Year:
- Scouts BSA Fall Camporee – October 18-20, 2019: Early Bird Fee due by October 4, 2019
- Cub Scout Fall Field Day & Family Camping: October 19-20, 2019: Early Bird due by October 4, 2019.
- Webelos College – November 16, 2019: Early Bird due by November 1, 2019.
- Scouts BSA Klondike Derby January 24-26, 2020: Early Bird Fee due by January 10, 2020.
- Cub Scout Polar Bear February 1, 2020: Early Bird Fee due by January 24, 2020.
- District Pinewood Derby Championship May 28, 2020: Early Bird Fee due by March 13, 2020.
- Scouts BSA Spring Camporee – May 15-17, 2020: Early Bird Fee due by May 1, 2020.
- Webelos WOW – May 16-17, 2020: Early Bird Fee due by May 1, 2020.
- Cub Scout Family Camping Weekend – May 16-17, 2020: Early Bird Fee due by May 1, 2020.
Guidelines for Units:
- Please put our District Activities dates and early bird registration dates on your long term calendar especially on the Cub Scout Pack level and even if your unit may not attend.
- Establish a unit guideline that Scouts (scout families) are responsible for fees once they sign up for an activity. Many units use PayPal or other services to collect unit fees online.
- We prefer that Packs, Troops, and Crews complete registration and payment as a unit. Each unit should have an Activity Coordinator for each activity. This avoids duplicate registrations.
- Encourage the Early Bird payment deadlines with your Scout families. Extended registrations may be limited after this date.
Refund Policy & Sport Conflicts
There will be no refunds given unless there are extreme circumstances. Please understand that when you register a youth for our program supplies and materials are purchased for them and as such we will not be able to refund money for any other reason. Sport conflicts are not considered an extreme circumstance.
Sports Conflicts: Scouts can register for District Activities and can be permitted to come and go for sports or other conflicts. There are no make-up session provided for programs missed and fee remains the same. Units are responsible for signing in and out Scouts at the district event. Guide to Safe Scouting guidelines must be used.