Dear Scouts and Scouters—
Your welfare is our top priority and our teams are always evaluating risks that may come with Scouting. With that in mind, we’ve been tracking the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are reviewing how the virus may impact Scouting in the Connecticut Yankee Council and will communicate additional information to you soon. In an abundance of caution, we will be canceling the University of Scouting, including the Commissioner College, that is scheduled for this Saturday, March 14 because this event brings a large number of Scouters together from multiple states in the region. We will be issuing full refunds to everyone and have begun planning a bigger, better University of Scouting for 2021.
Moving forward, we want to share a few precautions with you:
- If you feel sick, please stay home. Please use calls, email, texting and other means of communicating and conducting business
- We encourage everyone to be prepared and follow the guidelines from the CDC and regularly wash your hands for at least twenty seconds, and cover a cough or sneeze.
- We are instituting a no-handshake policy. When we greet one another, do not offer your hand or fist bump.
- Follow the guidelines of your chartered organizations, the locations where you meet, and your town officials.
- Our office and camps remain open. However, if you are ill, stay home. Again, utilize phone and digital communications if you have questions.
We will share a fuller plan in coming days with you. In the meantime, please email any questions to email@example.com and our team will respond to you as soon as possible.