POLAR BEAR REGISTRATION NOW OPEN HTTPS://MYCOUNCIL.CTYANKEE.ORG/EVENT/849
Cub Scouts will be explorers joining an expedition visiting 4 action stations. Each Team of explores will be named after a famous explorer. We are offering two outdoor sessions:
- Morning — 9:45 AM Opening with 10 to 12:30 PM rotating stations
- Afternoon — 12:45 PM Opening 1 to 3:30 PM rotating stations
- Due to Covid-19 concerns, we are limiting to 100 Scouts per session and one parent.
Learn to be Explorers with Four Action Outdoor Stations:
- Fabulous Fibers: Get a hands-on look at the fibers that come from our llamas, alpacas, and sheep. See how we go from sheep to sweater. Try your hand at spinning wool.
- Meet the Equines: We have three types of equines on Heckscher Farm—donkeys, ponies, and horses. Take a short tour of the farm and discover how we care for these critters.
- Cold Weather Critters: Not all of our animals love the warmth! Meet some animals who are used to cold weather, like a chinchilla, and see how their adaptations allow them to survive!
- Shelter Building: Learn the basics of building a survival shelter in the woods!
PLUS — Special recognition to Arrow of Light Webelos.
Make friends with Trading Cards: Each Team will have a fun Fact Trading Card with information on their famous explorers to trade with other teams.
Advance registration is required. $20 Scout Fee — $10 Adult Fee — $10 Family Fee
Contact information is required for each participant through online registration. We have a limit of 100 participants (both youth and adults) for each session based on a first paid/registered basis. We have a $10 Family Fee for nonprogram participants.
REGISTER AT: HTTPS://MYCOUNCIL.CTYANKEE.ORG/EVENT/849
QUESTIONS—JOHN HANKS INFO@POWAHAY.COM.