MAY 30-31, 2020 — POWAHAY/SCATACOOK DISTRICTS SPRING EVENT
2020 CUBOREE & WEBELOS WOW
- Saturday, May 30: 8 to 10 am check-in/campsite set up — 10:15 AM Opening Ceremony
- Sunday, May 31: Optional Morning programs ending by 11 AM
- In and out scheduling permitted for Sports conflicts.
- REGISTRATION is now open. See the link below.
- A Powahay and Scatacook District Event — Hosted by Pack 17 Wilton
- Hoyt Scout Reservation, 3 Marchant Rd., Redding CT
Join us for a family fun Adventure Weekend. We have reserved Hoyt Scout Reservation JUST for Webelos and Cub Scouts… With two special programs! A Cuboree for Lions, Tigers, and Wolf’s and a Webelos WOW for Bears becoming Webelos and all other Webelos. There is Family camping for one night or just come for the day.
The Cuboree — Cub Scout Family Camping and fun programs for Lions, Tigers, Wolves, and siblings
- Packs provide qualified leadership and their own meals. At least one adult must have completed Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation. Packs are responsible for all meals. Don’t want to cook? We will provide contacts for nearby take out orders.
- Lots of fun family activities including games, crafts, nature, hikes, campfire program and more.
Webelos Overnight Weekend The WOW — For Bears becoming Webelos and all other Webelos
- Webelos form into Scouts BSA Patrols and then do everything together using the Patrol Method — setup campsites, cook a meal and participate in lots of fun activities under the leadership of older Scouts from our Troops.
- Webelos/AOL Adventure Pins being offered: Cast Iron Chef, Webelos Walkabout, Into the Woods, and Outdoor Adventurer
- There’s more! — Learn to play Ultimate (Frisbee) and Archery Shoot just for Webelos.
- Shooting sports – BB Guns
- Fun Inflatable
- Nature Activities
- Bugs are Incredible
- Birds at Hoyt
- Scout Crafts
- Wild Card (TBD)
- Earn the Leave No Trace Campsite Award
- Evening Campfire Family Program
- Time for Den and Pack Activities
- And More!
Fee: $20 Youth $20 Adult
Early Bird Fee $15 Youth $10.00 Adult due by May 4, 2020