Attention First Class rank Scouts, registration is open for our virtual Merit Badge College until Jan 17, 2022. It’s a fantastic opportunity to earn up to three merit badges on Saturday mornings beginning Jan. 29 via Zoom. Wonderful merit badge counselors are committed to making this great event happen! There are Eagle and non-Eagle required badges offered, and Scouts can take up to three badges (2 Eagle.)
Dates: January 29, 2022 Classes 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
February 5, 2022 Classes 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
February 12, 2022 Classes 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
February 26, 2022 Classes 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Registration is on-line. Be sure to get your Scoutmaster’s permission prior to registering. Class sizes are limited and registration ends January 17, 2022.
Each Scout can take up to three Merit Badges. Please do NOT select a merit badge the Scout has already earned. Scouts will be assigned no more than two Eagle required badges. If a Scout registers for three, they will not be allowed to attend.
Scouts must be First Class rank as of December 31, 2021. Scouts registered without a rank will not be considered.
Merit Badges Course Offerings:
- Citizenship in the Community
- Citizenship in the Nation
- Citizenship in the World
- Coin Collecting
- Disability Awareness
- Environmental Science
- Family Life
- Nuclear Science
- Personal Management
- Space Exploration
What to expect
- Scouts will be sent the Zoom link approximately two-weeks prior to the first day.
- All Scouts and Scouters are required to wear the official Scout uniform shirt at all times.
- Scouts should be on-time and keep their camera on for the entire sessions.
- Scouts are expected to complete all requirements as stated. Attendance alone does not guarantee the award of the badge. Credit will be given only where a specific individual requirement or project has been fulfilled. Some badges such as Family Life, Personal Management and Citizenship in the Community cannot be completed in the one-month time frame of Merit Badge College and may need to be completed with another counselor.
- Scouts will be limited to two Eagle Merit Badges, but we cannot guarantee that each Scout will be assigned Eagle required badges. Space is limited in all classes.
- Merit Badge College is open to Scouts First Class and above. Scouts applying for admission must read and understand the requirements for those badges they wish to earn. Scouts should note any prerequisites for badges selected. Merit Badge requirements are found in the ScoutsBSA Requirements Book and in the individual Merit Badge books. Merit badges required for Eagle may be found in the back of the ScoutsBSA Handbook. Be sure to consult the most recent edition of each book. Scouts can start on requirements prior to Merit Badge College. Merit Badge Pamphlets will NOT be provided. The Scout Shop has limited Merit badge pamphlets, please call them first to confirm the pamphlets are in stock. They are also available in Kindle format on Amazon: Amazon.com : merit badge pamphlets
- The Scoutmaster will receive a confirmation email for on-line registrations. This signifies approval by the Scoutmaster for Scouts to begin working on the Merit Badges. Any objections to a Scout’s registration should be communicated to the Merit Badge College committee.
- Merit Badge class assignments will be e-mailed to the Scouts prior to Merit Badge College.
STUDY HINTS FOR SCOUTS
- Review and understand all Merit Badge requirements.
- Use a notebook to record all assignments, projects and special instructions.
- Record the name, address and contact information of each of your instructors.
- Complete assignments by the next session or per the schedule set by the instructor.
- Projects and assignments should be completed by the final session.