Greetings all Pomperaug District Scouts BSA and leaders! The 2020 Fall Camporee will be at Hoyt Scout Reservation in Redding, CT. The theme of this year’s event is wilderness survival. If a scout participates in all of the activities for the weekend then they will complete all of the requirements for wilderness survival merit badge. In order for a youth to complete the requirements for the merit badge they will need to come to the camporee with a survival kit and be ready to explain why they chose the items in the kit.
Due to restrictions related to COVID-19 there will be additional restrictions and guidelines for this event.
- The event will be limit to 100 total people, this includes all scouts, adult partners and staff.
- A unit will be limited to a total of 18 participants (15 youth and 3 adults). The camporee staff will re-evaluate registration 1 week before the event at which time unit may be allocated more slots for participants.
- All participants must be pre-registered, no walk ins will be allowed.
- All attendees will be required to wear face mask during program events.
- Social distancing must be maintained whenever possible
- All attendees must register at least 1 week in advance of the event. No walk ins will be allowed
- A BSA medical form, Parts A and B, https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_AB.pdf, must be completed and sign no more the 14 days before the event and retained by the unit leader.
- ANY ILLNESS during the event MUST be immediately reported to the event staff. The sick individual should be isolated in the unit campsite and not brought to the first aid tent. The event first aid staff will decide the appropriate response to the illness.
- Any illness by any member occurring up to 14 days after the event, involving a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, MUST be reported to the District Executive.
- Before arriving all attendees should ensure that the Restart Scouting Protocols are followed, https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-693.pdf
- No refunds will be given for the event except in the case where the event is cancelled.
All meals and snacks are the responsibility of the unit. If you plan on camping out on Saturday night, you will also need to bring your own tent and sleeping gear.
Registration and set up will begin at 8:00AM and the program will begin at 9:00AM on Saturday, and will finish after breakfast on Sunday.
Due to COVID-19 there will be no closing camp fire at the event. Units can hold an evening program for their unit at their campsite if they choose.
Cost of the event is $20 per person. All attendees will receive a Pomperaug District Mask as part of the event.
Set your GPS for 288 Simpaug Turnpike, Redding, CT. Be prepared to carry all your gear to the camping area if you plan on camping overnight. No cars will be allowed in the campsite area. If you have any questions, contact Jc Cinelli email@example.com