Deer Lake is situated on 253 acres of forestland and fields only 25 miles from New Haven, Connecticut. Whether you are looking for a place to hold your group’s annual picnic, or you are searching for a place to hold a retreat, Deer Lake Scout Reservation has the facilities you’re looking for to accommodate your group. These facilities include:
- Completely applianced dining facility which can accommodate 288 diners
- Three separate indoor sleeping facilities for up to 17, 26 or 36
- Six Lean-to sites sleeping 36 each, with fire ring
- Two shower houses with flush toilets and hot showers
- Large, open fields for sports and games
- 5 miles of maintained trails for hiking or cross-country skiing
- Quiet groves and open-air chapel for meditation and reflection
- Fully equipped waterfront for swimming, boating and canoeing
- Stocked lagoon ideal for fishing
- Council fire rings that will accommodate 25 or up to 300
- A family camp with 12 sites including picnic tables and fire rings
- Remote camping areas throughout the 253 acres of woodland
- Climbing cliffs perfect for rock climbing and rappelling
- BSA certified COPE course
Situated on a hill in the wooded northern section of Deer Lake, this cozy little shelter offers protection from the wind and rain. The shelter sleeps twelve with gear, and features a patrol box for storing food away from critters.
Convenient and beautiful DaRos Lodge is located close to parking, but further from the central part of camp. The lodge sleeps up to 36 in two large and two small rooms, and boasts electricity, water and gas and wood stoves.
Deer Lake has two sites with lean-to style sleeping quarters, offering shelter from the elements. With four lean-tos, each site sleeps up to twenty campers. Each lean-to is equipped with a patrol box for safe storage of food and gear.
Point Cabin, located on a peninsula reaching out into Deer Lake, sleeps sixteen. An extra leader bed offers a beautiful view of the lake. Point Cabin is equipped with electricity, running water, and gas and wood stoves for cooking and heating respectively.
|Wheeler and Danaher Pavilions
Located a short distance from the parking and fields of the main reservation, Wheeler or Danaher Pavilion may serve as shelter from either rain or sun for a group picnic or meeting.
Leary Hall, located near the waterfront and parking lot, offers a central location for sleeping and meeting. Two bunk rooms sleep twenty-two total, while the large meeting area sleeps four leaders. Leary Hall has gas and wood stoves, electricity and water.
|Deer Lake Amphitheater
Overlooking Deer Lake, this facility has seating for up to 400 people. Equipped with two fire rings, a stage, lighting, and electricity for equipment, it is an ideal setting for a large group gathering.
|Plateau Lean-to Site (one of 6)
This view of one of our lean-to sites shows the spacious lean-tos that are available. Each site has six lean-tos which each have six bunks. All sites are equipped with fire rings and picnic tables. A great choice for Cub camping or Scout winter camping!
|Deer Lake Shower House (one of two) – Each side (M/F) equipped with showers and flush toilets. Located in North field and Plateau Lean-to areas|