National Youth Leadership Training
JANUARY 6-8 and 13-15, 2023 | DEER LAKE
Fee: $350; registration closes December 30 | Early bird fee: $320 if paid in full by November 15!
NYLT – Leadership That Lasts a Lifetime
NYLT is an exciting 2 weekend advanced leadership course designed to teach Scouts the tools, techniques, and skills they need to be better leaders – not only in their Scout units but everywhere in their daily lives. Scouts will take home skills, games, songs, and practices that will make their unit even better.
This unique 2 weekend course is led by Scouts, for Scouts. Participants will learn to communicate effectively, resolve conflicts, and work towards a vision. They’ll work in a patrol to practice Scouting skills and grow together as a team. NYLT teaches Scouts about themselves along with diverse skills so they return ready to lead in their individual units.
Sign up soon, our course is limited to 42 participants.
What is NYLT?
NYLT is not like summer camp and is not designed for rank advancement or earning merit badges. NYLT is a challenging hands-on advanced leadership training program. It is essential that NYLT participants be physically, emotionally, and mentally prepared to handle the demands of this intensive training. In order to get the most benefit from this unique experience, participants must exhibit emotional maturity, positive attitude, and proficiency in basic camping and outdoor cooking.
Who Should Attend?
Scouts should attend NYLT once they meet all Eligibility Requirements. The course is especially useful for scouts who have an ambition to serve in leadership roles and are ready for the next level of training.
Who can participate?
- Scouts BSA members must be at least 13. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops and earned First Class rank before attending NYLT.
- Venturers and Sea Scouts must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews or Ships. It is recommended that they have had at least one year of camping experience.
- Be comfortable camping and cooking outdoors
- Commit to attending the entire 2 weekend course
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit.
- Have a Unit Leader recommendation
- Have a complete and current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (Within last 12 months)
Full refund for cancellations by December 17, 2022
Payments less $100 for cancellations by December 24, 2022
No refunds after December 24, 2022