Greetings all Pomperaug District Cub Scouts and Parents! The 2020 Cub-O-Ree will be at Old Mine Park in Trumbull, CT on October 24th. This event is designed to offer the opportunity for cub scouts to take part in several engaging scout activities similar to those offer at day camp.
Normally this event is a day long activity, however due to restrictions from COVID-19 this year the event will be two separate half day events to allow for as many scouts as possible to participate. A Scout will be allowed to participate in either the morning or afternoon session, but not both.
Since the program day is shortened for each session, we have limited the number of stations to just four, but we have included some of the most popular stations to maximize the fun. Sessions at the event include:
- BB Guns (all guns and safety equipment will be sanitized between each participant)
- Nature Hike
- Scout Craft – Stomp Rockets
- Scout Skill – Knife handling and fundamentals (Plastic knives will be used instead of real knives)
Participants will be split into dens and rotate to the different stations together throughout the day. Whenever possible scouts from the same pack will be grouped together.
Due to restrictions related to COVID-19 there will be additional restrictions and guidelines for this event.
- Each session will be limited to 100 total people, this includes all scouts, adult partners and staff.
- All Scouts must be accompanied by an adult partner
- No siblings or non-scouts will be permitted to maximize the number of registered scouts who can participate
- Participants must be a registered Tiger, Wolf or Bear Scout.
- All attendees will be required to wear face mask during program events.
- Social distancing must be maintained whenever possible
- All attendees must register at least 1 week in advance of the event. No walk ins will be allowed
- A BSA medical form, Parts A and B, https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_AB.pdf, must be completed and sign no more the 14 days before the event and reviewed by the unit leader
- ANY ILLNESS during the event MUST be immediately reported to the event staff. The sick individual should be isolated and not brought to the first aid tent. The event first aid staff will decide the appropriate response to the illness.
- Any illness by any member occurring up to 14 days after the event, involving a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, MUST be reported to the District Executive.
- Before arriving all attendees should ensure that the Restart Scouting Protocols are followed, https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-693.pdf
All drinks and snacks are the responsibility of the scout and their parents.
Registration for the morning session begins at 9:30AM and the program runs from 9:50AM to 1PM. Registration for the afternoon session begins at 1:30AM and the program runs from 1:50PM to 5PM.
Cost of the event is $15 for scouts. All attendees will receive a Pomperaug District Mask as part of the event.
If you have any questions, contact Seth Strohecker firstname.lastname@example.org