Youth Protection Every Year: The safety of the youth in our program is paramount, and we require that all adult leaders complete Youth Protection training on an annual basis. This online class can be taken at your own pace, and is required as part of your annual registration with Connecticut Yankee Council.
Position Training Before Registration: We believe strongly in providing the best adult leadership available, and require all adult volunteers to be trained in their Scouting position prior to registration with a unit, district or with the council. Almost all of this training can be done online, and within 1-2 hours, also at your own pace.
Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Outdoor Training within 6 Months of Registration: For Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters, we only require completion of the online courses prior to registration, with the outdoor (Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills) portion allowed to follow within six (6) months.
- Complete Introductory Training before Registration
- Step 1 – Create an account on https://my.scouting.org/
- Step 2 – Complete Online Youth Protection Training (guide)
- Step 3 – Complete Online Position-Specific Training
- Log in to https://my.scouting.org/
- Start at Homepage https://my.scouting.org/dashboard-legacy
- Click on top left Menu, select My Training
- From My Training Page, select Training Center
- From the Training Center Program List, select your unit type
- From the ScoutingU Homepage that pops up, select Add Plan under your position
- Click on the position name under your position
- Complete all Courses under Before the First Meeting, First 30 Days, and Position Trained
- Complete Registration with Council
- Fill out an Adult Volunteer Application (pdf) and scan or take picture of it
- Take a screenshot or a picture of the ScoutU Homepage showing your completed Position-Specific Training (screenshot how-to guide)
- Email your Application and screenshot to Karen Caiati at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line ‘New Adult Application for (Your Name) (Your Unit Type and Number)’
- Include your phone number in the body of the email.
- Karen will validate your training status and ensure your Adult Volunteer Application is filled out correctly