Welcome to the Council Advancement Center! Advancement is at the core of the Scouting experience. The Scouting program is designed for young men and women to progress at their own pace through experiential learning- learning by doing with the goal of personal growth.
Council Advancement Committee:
Council Advancement Chair
District Advancement Chairs:
Professional Staff Advisor
Boy Scout Advancement Resources
Troop Library Recommendations (Lighthouse District specific document)
Bcout Rank Requirements Changes FAQ
2016 Boy Scout Rank Requirement Changes
Guide to Advancement: The definitive book from the Boy Scouts about Advancement
There are also a number of presentations that you may download from Scouting.org, or view on YouTube.
- Introduction to the Guide to Advancement (10 min.) Download, View Now
- Judgment Calls (24 min.) covering the “active,” position of responsibility, and Scout spirit requirements, and also “reasonable expectations.” Download, View Now
- Boards of Review (15 min.) Download View Now
- Boards of Review Under Disputed Circumstances (6 min.) Download, View Now
- Boards of Review Appeals (4 min.) Download View Now