Hello Scouting Family—
My name is Mark Kraus, the new Scout Executive. I’m excited to join the Scouting family here in the Connecticut Yankee Council. Scouting is my passion- I’ve been a Scouter for much of my life. There’s something unique about Scouting and the young men and women who join our program. I’ve seen that in Ohio, Kentucky, California and know I’ll see that here in Connecticut as well.
While I’ve been here a short time, it’s clear our Council has untapped potential and opportunities right in front of us: our staff. I’ve had the opportunity to get to know them a bit already and am excited to announce several promotions and changes in responsibility effective September 1:
- Michael Morrell is being promoted to Assistant Scout Executive/Chief Operating Officer where he will lead our field service, membership, program and registration efforts- including our district executives.
- Karen Caiati, Registrar
- Carolyn Cruson, Program Assistant
- Diana Knapp, Receptionist / Scout Executive’s Assistant.
- Cindy Pepe, Field Service / Membership Assistant
- Jonathan Glassman, Jim Patterson and Roger Stewart will continue serving their existing districts. Eric Brantley will continue our ScoutReach work.
- Joe Andreo is being promoted to Chief Financial Officer & Director of Development where he will lead all revenue-driving efforts including camp operations, fund development, marketing and accounting.
- Bill Amidon Bookkeeper / Accounting
- Greg Marty, Controller
- Christina Morrell, Development / Marketing Assistant
In addition, we are searching for a new District Executive to support Pomperaug District and a marketing & development specialist to support our marketing efforts- including social media- and fundraising efforts. If you or someone you know are interested, please contact me.
We are at an exciting crossroads for our Council and together we will transform Scouting in our area. I’m excited for the road ahead and looking forward to meeting, and working, with each of you.
Yours in Scouting,
Scout Executive/ CEO