Hello Scouting Family–
As Scouts, we pledge to do our duty to our community. Our program has trained us to be leaders in our community. Now, we must step up to lead in this time of uncertainty by listening and following the guidance of our leaders- from our local community to the State of Connecticut and the federal government.
First and foremost, we want to make clear that units must follow their duty to the community and adhere to guidance from our public officials as well as the guidance from the Connecticut Yankee Council which extends at least until April 15. This includes:
- All in-person Scouting activities are canceled effective immediately. This includes unit meetings (including patrol and den meetings), campouts, activities, trips, Pinewood Derbies, Blue and Gold Dinners, Court of Honors (including for Eagle Scouts), etc. There are no exceptions to this rule. Please continue to work with your Scouts via digital and electronic methods.
- All in-person council-level and district-level events and meetings are canceled. This includes Roundtable, training events and committee meetings. Please use all digital and electronic means available to conduct your meetings.
- All Council Camps are closed.
- The Council Service Center and Milford Scout Shop are closed beginning Tuesday, March 17. Our staff will be working remotely and respond to all calls, emails and postal mail.
- We are developing guidance on continuing Scouting under these circumstances including advancement and enrichment which will be shared separately.
We appreciate your flexibility, leadership and compassion during this challenging period. The young people in our program depend on us for guiding them through this, and for that we thank you. Have you found a new way to continue Scouting during this issue? Share it with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, this team is here to help answer any questions you may have. Please visit www.ctyankee.org for the latest information.
Connecticut Yankee Council