Powahay District invites our Cub Scout families to our Annual District Pinewood Derby. Join us for a day of races and fun family activities. Bring a buddy to have fun and learn about Cub Scouting.
Who can race? The top three racers for each rank from your Pack Pinewood Derby Race. 1st, 2nd, 3rd place for Lions, Tigers, Wolf, Bear and Webelos (25 from each pack). Substitutes can be entered if the top three are unable to race.
Top racers at the Powahay’s Pinewood Derby proceed to race at the ConnJam Council Championship May 14.
Racers pay $10 all others Free
REGISTER AT HTTPS://MYCOUNCIL.CTYANKEE.ORG/EVENT/871
Theme — A Salute to 1st Responders — Police, Fire and Ambulance with a special race and recognition. We are looking for Packs to sponsor one of the 1st Responder groups by building a special Pinewood Derby Car — Police Car, Fire Engine or Chief Car or an Ambulance for our invited guest to race in a special race and recognition program. Google for templates.
- Let us know if your Pack can build a 1st Responder car and sponsor a team — fire, police, EMT
- Nominate a hero—Police, Fire, EMT from your unit
- To firstname.lastname@example.org
Pinewood Derby Schedule
10:00 AM to 2 PM
- Lions/Tigers: 10:00 am Check-in — 10:30 am Race
- Wolves: 10:30 am Check-in — 11:00 am Race
- Bears: 11:00 am Check-in — 11:30 am Race
- Special Race 12 to 12:30 Salute to 1st Responder Race and presentation
- Webelos: 12:30 pm Check-in — 1:00 pm Race
- Championship Race 1:30 Check-in and Race
- The race ends at 2:00 PM
Family Fun In between the races… Bring a Buddy!
- Build and race a Lego Pinewood Derby Car.
- Fun with Hot Wheel Cars
- Fun with Hoverball Archery
- Superhero Drawing Contest
- We’re still in the planning stages more to come.