Cub Scout Family Camp
July 23-25, 2021
Deer Lake Scout Reservation, Killingworth, CT
Are you ready to escape into the outdoors for a mini vacation? Family Camp is ready and waiting for you on July 23-25 at Deer Lake Scout Reservation. Join us for a family focused, fun, low key weekend where we do all the planning for you.
Here is what we will provide for you and your family:
- Four catered meals and snack packed to go on the day of departure
- Your choice of Bring Your Own Tent or a three-sided lean tos that sleep – up to six (6) first come/first served – so register soon!
- Shower and bathroom facilities with flush toilets
- A beautiful waterfront for swimming, rowing and canoeing
- Archery and BB Gun ranges
- Sports, Crafts, Hiking and Fishing
- Campfire program and outdoor movie
- An awesome staff – we’ve found some pretty fantastic staff members to help provide a great program for your family: Ed Gratrix, Dan Marazita, Ben Strong, Kathy Dilks and Andrea Ulery, just to name a few.
Check out this great video of Family Camp in action from prior summers! https://youtu.be/ttAjfQ1okvc
Fee for one Scout & one adult is $150 (Scout/adult pair registration is required). Registration for additional family members is optional at $85 each (3 years old & under attend at no charge). During online registration all registrants’ names and all youth ages are required.
Swim tests are mandatory for all individuals who want to participate in swimming or boating during the weekend. Swim tests will be offered Friday evening to ensure you are ready to fully enjoy all programs on Saturday. As part of the online registration you will be asked to choose the time you wish to do your swim test; half hour blocks available from 5 pm – 7 pm Friday.
T-shirt sizes are requested as part of online registration. Youth sizes XS-XL and adult sizes S-XXL are available. For registrations submitted by June 15, shirt pre-orders will be filled and available at check-in. For registrations submitted after June 15, shirts will be available first come/first served on the first day of the program.
All attendees must submit a current BSA health form.
For more details, check out the Parents’ Guide Book.
For registration questions, contact Carolyn Cruson, 203-951-0237.
For program questions, contact Andrea Ulery.