Position: District Executive Position
Position location: Milford CT
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational
activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping
youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Today’s professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering
independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to
continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and advancement.
The District Executive selected will:
• Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to identify,
recruit, train, guide, and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
• Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which include: program development
through collaborative relationships, volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising,
membership recruitment and retention.
• Be responsible for extending programs to religious, civic, fraternal, educational, and other
community-based organizations through volunteers.
• Secure adequate financial support for programs in assigned area. Achieve net income and
participation objectives for assigned camps and activities.
• Recruit leadership for finance campaign efforts to meet the financial needs of the organization.
• Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training
events and activities.
• Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective role.
• Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other
professionals and volunteers. The executive must have communication skills and be able to
explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public.
• Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and
• Have a willingness and ability to devote long and irregular hours to achieve council and district
• Strong marketing, fund-raising and program development background is highly desired.
• Non-profit, fundraising or sales experience is a plus.
• Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent
people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
• Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in
management, budgeting, and planning.
• Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and
professional working standards.
• Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
• Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
• Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
• Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
• A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
• Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary of (enter salary amount/range), Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and ten holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume with salary history to email@example.com only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
Additional information on a career as a District Executive can be found at this link: CAREERS