Powahay’s Fall Camporee Mission Impossible — Troop Led Event
At this time, a rogue agent known as the Jackal, has stolen royal emeralds. That could create a major international incident if they are not recovered and returned to a small but wealthy kingdom. Luckily directions to where the gems were hidden have been intercepted on the internet. Your group will be entering an area that has been booby trapped by the infamous enemy agent, the Jackal… As always, should you or any of your IM Force be caught, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.
Due to the COVID-19 guidelines with large gatherings and to keep it safe during these uncertain times, Powahay District is offering a “Camporee in a Box” for Troops to conduct camporee events either as an outdoor day event or a Troop Campout. We will then bring small troop teams to a timed (30 Minute) Zoom Tournament to determine Super Troop Award.
- Powahay Camporee Packet will provide 6 action stations with instructions on how to set up, run and score.
- Make it a NIGHT camporee for a fun and exciting departure from the “standard” camporee format. This camporee can be run as a day or night event.
- Troops would conduct this activity as a unit from September to October. Camping arrangements for Hoyt can be made at www.ctyankee.org/camping/reserve-a-campsite-or-facility/ or by calling Carolyn Cruson at 203-951-0237.
- Troops are responsible for making camping arrangements. This is NOT being coordinated by District. The weekend of October 23-25 reserved for the fall camporee should be available for Troops to make reservations or Troops can make arrangements for other available weekends. Camping is at 50% of normal capacity at Hoyt. Early reservations are recommended. Troops do not have to camp at Hoyt. Other camp locations are acceptable.
- Troops will arrange patrols to compete in the events.
- Each Troop will assign two or three individuals as Judges. These can be older Scouts, Adults and/or a combination of both youth and adults. Judges selected will remain impartial from the troop and score patrols on the events. A scoring sheet will be provided.
- Troops are expected to run their event following Council COVID-19 Guidelines at www.ctyankee.org/tag/coronavirus/. Please keep checking for updates.
- Add your own events to make it unique for your Troop. Consider a cooking contest, conservation project, show the movie, invite AOL Webelos, bring a buddy etc.
The Super Troop ZOOM Tournament Wednesday, November 11
7:15 to 7:45 PM — 30 Minute Timed Event.
$20.00/Unit Fee & $3.00/Patch
- Troops hold the event by October 31.
- Troop Score Card Due by November 3.
- Gold, Silver, Bronze Patrol Recognitions
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Super Troop and Honorable mentions.
- Master of Disguise Contest